Are you down and Out of Pursuit of your Purpose? You are NOT alone! There are many just like you! More than likely, you think you are already walking in your purpose. Maybe? Are you doing what you love to do? Are you helping others while doing what you do? Is God getting all the glory? Probably not….
You may be thinking that your purpose is attached to what you love to do. Not really. Because I love to sing, cook, shop, decorate, but none of these things are my purpose. Most of these things I do while alone, and/or for myself. I also, love to teach, write, talk, help others ….NOW we are talking! All of these attributes led me right into my purpose and I didn’t even know it, in fact I was running from them all, BUT GOD!
One thing I want to tell you right off the bat, is YOUR PURPOSE IS NOT ABOUT YOU! It’s not. Your purpose is about God’s plan for you. The only part you play is discovering what IT is, living it out and prospering in it. You may say, well, it IS about me….NO IT IS NOT! See, God has put purpose on the inside of you, that is a done deal. Your pursuit of purpose begins when you acknowledge that it is on the inside of you, you just need to birth what’s on the inside. This means you have to KNOW what it is…
It took years to discover my purpose. I want to share with you 5 things that helped me in my pursuit of purpose…
1. Step out of your comfort zone. This was difficult at first. But I was willing to try new things that I had always dreamed of doing, but at one point never thought I would. You have to be willing to “get out of the boat” and transform your norm. If it doesn’t work, at least you tried. But if it does, you are one step closer.
2. Wait for God’s timing. Now, there may be many things you want to do, but as they say, “timing is everything.” God will not show you or release you to do everything at once. Why? Because you may run scared. God is a very strategic God and everything has it’s divine order. He knows what is best for you and He will show you when He thinks you are ready! When He says MOVE you move, when He says stay, you stay and keep praying because waiting is so hard to do (believe me I know)…:-)
3. Everything that is good is not from God. You have to use wisdom and discernment when embarking on your journey to find your purpose. It is not to be taken lightly, so don’t. You will only frustrate yourself when you take on things that have nothing to do with what God is trying to do in you and through you. Learn how to say NO to people, situations and things that are not productive in your life. God will only bring to you people and present situations that will add value to your life!
4. TURN OFF the noise. Do not allow outside influences dictate to you what you should be doing. This is just as bad as allowing them to talk you out of something. Just because they think you should, doesn’t mean you should. Or just because it worked for them, doesn’t mean it will work for you. Their pursuit of purpose is between them and God, just as yours is between you and God.
5. STAND. Decide that no matter what, you will NEVER give up or give in. Be relentless and resilient in discovering your purpose because it’s on the inside of you. Surrender your will to God’s will. I did and as they say the rest is HERstory! You are a part of that! As you pursue your purpose, you may encounter some detours along the way. That is okay. As long as you allow God to be your compass, He will steer you on the path called PURPOSE that leads to your Divine Destiny! Just know that YOUR PURPOSE, whatever it is shall and will PROSPER!
Igniting Vision, Unleashing Purpose, Birthing what’s on the inside of you!
Women from all over the country are embarking on a journey to not only discover their purpose, but to prosper in their purpose! I truly believe this will change the lives of those who participate and those that will witness the transformation of these women who committed to prosper in their purpose!
Won’t you join us?
Beginning on March 1, 2013, we are embarking on a spiritual journey to prosper in our purpose. The 40 Day PURPOSE TO PROSPER SPIRITUAL FAST is NOT a challenge, competition, or contest, it is a FAST.
What is the Objective of this 40 Day PURPOSE to PROSPER SPIRITUAL FAST?
The purpose is to remove ourselves from the negative influences of this world and to place our focus on God, our relationship with Him, His will and the purpose and plan He has for our lives.
RESULT of the FAST
At the end of this 40 Day PURPOSE TO PROSPER FAST, you should have a clearer understanding as to the purpose and plan that God has for you and be ready to BIRTH WHAT’S ON THE INSIDE OF YOU!
Register TODAY and embark on a journey of YOUR LIFE! YOUR PURPOSE PROSPERS!!!
Knowledge IS power! How many times have you heard that? It is the God-given truth! Don’t believe me? God says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children” (Hosea 4:6) Don’t believe the hype…what you don’t know can and will hurt you! Know it, Live it, Breathe it and BE it!
I want to share with you 5 signs that you DON’T know your purpose:
1. Your vision is not clearly defined. Your purpose begins with a vision that God has given you. A vision is a dream that has yet to manifest. You can see something, but you are not clear as to what it is. You need a vision check. Do you understand what God is really showing you? If not, ASK! God wants you to ask Him questions, and especially relative to your purpose. Yes, we know our purpose is to serve God, but in what capacity? We have to seek Him first, to find the answer. When you do, He will reveal, but will you be ready to receive?
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7).
2. You are easily distracted. When your vision is not clear, you become easily distracted, detoured and discouraged. You may find yourself following others in hopes that their vision becomes your own. IT WON’T WORK! God gave you the vision and placed your purpose on the inside of you, for you. You need to get FOCUSED! This may require you getting off of Facebook, stop watching television and getting in God’s Word. We all become distracted, we all take detours, and get discouraged every now and again, but the key is getting back on track. If you know you are easily influences, then you will have to not lead yourself into temptation.
“A double minded man is unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8).
3. You’re not producing fruit. You are busy being busy, yet, you are not really productive. This is HUGE for women! You are doing so many things, but they have no core. Remember, everything that you love, does not mean it is your purpose. You will know its your purpose, when you see the fruits of your labor. God will reward those who diligent seek Him, which means seeking the purpose for your life. You have to do works that will produce good fruit. How else are you going to prosper? How else will God get the glory?
“That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;” (Colossians 1:10)
4. You’re asking the WRONG people to validate what you are doing OR if you should do it. STOP asking people who cannot help you to do what you need to do. Sure, they will listen and then you will be there next Facebook post. Ask people who can and desire to help you!
“Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established” (Proverbs 15:22).
5. This post was very attractive to you. You are reading this post because it resonates with you. A clear sign that you don’t know your purpose. As they say, we attract what we are, and you are without knowing your purpose. The bad news is that you are NOT alone. The good news, there is still hope for you! Knowing is half the battle. There is something on the inside of you that seeks to know. Don’t only seek to know, seek to understand so that you can do something about it!
“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding” (Proverbs 4:7).
Believe me, there are many signs, but these are ones that I have personally dealt with. I am sharing so that YOU can know and prosper in your purpose! Knowing is only half the battle!
Igniting Vision, Unleashing Purpose…Birthing what’s on the Inside of YOU!